Promotional Terms & Conditions
- These general terms shall apply in conjunction with the Specific Terms of any promotion which can be found here. You should therefore read these General Terms in combination with the Specific Terms. Where any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
- We may change these General Terms at any time. You should check our website regularly for any changes. Changes apply from the date they are uploaded.
- By entering any promotion you agree that you will be legally bound by the General Terms and Specific Terms.
- All promotions are open to persons over 18 years of age at the time of entry unless otherwise stated.
- It is at Too Good To Go’s (“TGTG”) sole discretion as to whether any eligibility requirements have or have not been met. TGTG may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- Employees of TGTG and their immediate families may not enter any promotion, neither may any employees or immediate family members of any third party sponsors, third party companies associated with TGTG, prize providers or agencies assisting with the promotion..
- In promotions where purchase of product is necessary, please retain your mobile receipt as it may be required for verification in the event of a win.
- TGTG will not be responsible for any entries that are not received, invalid or delayed. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt by TGTG.
- TGTG assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, or non-receipt of, entries. TGTG is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by TGTG or an entrant because of technical problems, operator problems, social media site problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any participant's or any other third persons, resulting from any participation or downloading any materials in the promotion.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any promotion repeatedly is prohibited. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. These entries will be disqualified.
- Entrants must enter promotions using their full legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names or any false names and to require them to return to TGTG any prize they may have won.
- No person may enter any promotion more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company.
- Where an entrant or prizewinner has not complied fully with the general terms and specific promotion terms, or has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a promotion and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, TGTG may enforce the right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has already been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prizewinner in question.
- No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry in any promotion. All additional indirect costs will be at the sole and absolute responsibility of each entrant or person using the prize.
- Unless specified otherwise, all competitions and promotions run by Too Good To Go UK are valid only for UK residents.
- TGTG reserves the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes of equivalent value in the event that the original prize offered is not available. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- The exact specification of the prize will be the decision of TGTG unless stated otherwise. Any pictures depicting the prizes on any media or promotional material are for depiction purposes only and actual prizes may differ. The promotion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the products or services being offered as prizes.
- TGTG will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Where prizes are to be delivered to the personal address of a winner, the prize will only be delivered to an address within the UK and will only be sent once. Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant promotion.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity, TGTG may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
- Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by TGTG. If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by us (or any relevant third party prize provider) then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and no replacement prize will be granted.
- Where the prize for any promotion involves the winner's attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the prize winner acknowledges that TGTG is not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- Winners shall be responsible for obtaining any insurance which may be required or prudent in relation to any prize awarded to them. TGTG makes no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law TGTG shall have no liability in relation to any prize.
- No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless expressly stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event, parking charges etc.
- If a promotion offers automatic refund(s) of meal(s) purchased, these will be issued 3 working days after the promotion ends.
- Refunds can take up to 30 days to appear in your account.
- When promotions involve refund of a meal, this is valid for one portion in one order.
- In the case of a promotion of buy X meals and get X meals for free, all meals must be ordered by the same user and on the same account to be eligible.
- Where prizes are not claimed within 14 days or the period specified in the specific terms (whichever is the longest), TGTG reserves the right to award the relevant prizes to alternative winners or not to award them at all.
- Winners may be required to take part in related publicity, including (without limitation) publication of the name and image of a promotion winner along with their winning entry via TGTG’s website, social media and other press and media channels and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice.
- Where promotions are run on social media such as Facebook or Instagram, you acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the relevant social media. You understand that you are providing your information to TGTG and not to the social media provider.
- Where a promotion allows for entry via social media, entries must be made using a legitimate social media account (as relevant). Entries from entrants using multiple social media accounts are not permitted and all such entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded forfeited.
- Where a promotion requires entry via social media, all participants must have access to the internet and an active social media account (as applicable). If you do not have such an account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- Where any promotion requires entrants to submit a photograph, sound or video clip of any description (collectively, "Media") as a part of entry into or participation in the promotion, Entrants:
a) warrant and represent that their chosen Media: (i) is original to them (ii) is submitted in good faith and (iii) has been legally obtained and created;
b) agree that TGTG has the right to publish and communicate to the public the Media in any media including, but not limited to, our website and social media channels, at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the promotion.
- By entering a promotion, in relation to their entry (including but not limited to where the entry is Media) all entrants:
a) permit TGTG all rights of usage to their entry without compensation (including present and future copyright). This permission applies regardless of the type, scope and distribution medium of the advertising measures whether in existence now or created in the future. Such use may be for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting whole or in part, in any medium and in any manner.
b) agree - to the extent permitted by law - not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and related publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against TGTG, its assigns, licensees and successors in title.
c) agree TGTG is without any obligation, compensation or other liability to you or any other person featured in your entry (and you shall be responsible for ensuring the consent of any persons featured in your entry to these terms and conditions).
e) acknowledge that we may edit the entry in our sole discretion.
f) agree that we have the right to use entrants' names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the entry.
h) unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of their entry.
i) confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- If for any reason any promotion is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or any draw/s or judging related to the promotion and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- TGTG reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of TGTG in all matters relating to any promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- TGTG shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
- In the event that any provision of these General Terms or any Specific Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These General Terms and the Specific Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
Any voucher code you receive will have specific terms including dates of validity and scope of usage that will be shown when adding it to your payment options. Unless otherwise stated above or within the app, these terms include:
- The value of the voucher is a maximum of £12.00 for a single purchase and the amount of the coupon that is not used will not be entitled to a refund.
- The promotion is open to users over 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Too Good To Go reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue temporarily or permanently, this promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- Our standard terms and conditions regarding the collection and availability of orders apply. Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Too Good To Go reserves the right of final decision in all matters related to this promotion.
- The Promoter of the Promotion is Too Good To Go, 11 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3LT. Any questions or complaints regarding this Promotion should be sent to this address.
- By entering this Promotion you are accepting these specific Terms and Conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions which apply for all Too Good To Go promotions.
This competition is open for entry from 10 February 2020 - 7 May 2020 inclusive. Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 7 May 2020.
The Promoter is Too Good To Go UK, 11 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3LT.
You are not required to make a purchase with Too Good To Go to enter this competition. Both online and postal entries will be accepted. Postal entries must be sent to Poetry Competition, Too Good To Go, 11 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3LT and arrive no later than 31 March 2020. After this date, entries must be submitted online only. As of 23.03.2020, entries will no longer be accepted by post in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The prize for the winning under 12's poem is £100 book vouchers for personal use, £200 in book vouchers for the winner’s school library, plus a food waste fighting pack. Two runners up will receive £50 each in book vouchers. All three winning children’s schools will also be visited by Too Good To Go co-founder Jamie Crummie for a workshop on a date mutually agreed in advance.
The prize for the 12 and over competition will be 3 food waste fighting kits for the top 3 entries in each age division, 12-16 and 16+.
By entering the competition you are giving permission for the Promoter to use your poem in any marketing activity. Acceptance of prize will be deemed as permission for the prize providers to make the winner’s name and school public, to take publicity photographs, and for this material to be used by the Promoter in any media title.
The competition is open to residents in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland). Only one entry will be accepted per person. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for incomplete or delayed entries, or those not received for whatever reason.
The winner will be selected by the judging panel and will be notified by email or phone within one month of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted within a further 28 days, a new winner will be selected.
Each part of the prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative (in full or in part) to the prize. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless expressly stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event, parking charges etc.
The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.