Jamie Crummie: Presenting Too Good To Go’s Save the Food Poetry Competition
Here at Too Good To Go we dream big.
We have a vision of a planet with no food waste, and one way we can achieve this vision is by inspiring and motivating the youth of today. The aim being that they don't make the same mistakes with food as we have.
And what better way to kick this off than through a food waste poetry competition?
Presenting Too Good To Go’s Save the Food Poetry Competition. It’s World Poetry Day in March, so we want to get every primary school student in the country writing a poem about what food waste means to them. Did we mention that we dream big?
We have partnered with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to make this competition as big a success as possible. That means reaching as many school children as we can. Ben Elliot, (the UK government's Food Waste Champion) is a judge, as is author and chef Melissa Hemsley and Guardian journalist Rebecca Smithers. Combined, our judges have the perfect blend of expertise (see what we did there) to crown the UK’s no.1 food waste poet.
The idea behind it is simple: we aim to use poetry as a creative way of engaging schools - both teachers and pupils - on the massive issue that is food waste.
- The competition is open to all children under the age of 12
- All entrants must be from within the UK
- The poem has to be no longer than 16 lines
- Entries will be accepted up until midnight on Tuesday March 31st
- The winner will receive a £100 book voucher for personal use, a £200 book voucher for their school library, and a food waste fighting pack.
- The two runners up will each receive £50 in book vouchers.
- Jamie Crummie, Co-Founder of Too Good To Go (UK), will also come and do a fun food-waste-fighting workshop at the schools of the three winning children.
Some of our awesome food waste partners such as Compass Group and Greene King pubs have been amazing in helping spread the word and getting kids engaged on food waste. Getting involved is super easy - just visit www.toogoodtogo.co.uk/poetrycomp for more information on how to submit your poems. So be awesome like them and let’s rhyme our way to a planet with no food waste.
For full terms and conditions visit https://toogoodtogo.co.uk/en-gb/promotion-terms.