Making the Most of Too Good To Go
- Please ensure that you arrive at the restaurant at the right time, as the restaurant can only serve you in the designated time window. If you get to the restaurant before pick-up time, please wait outside the restaurant until it opens its service for TGTG customers.
- Make sure you go to the right restaurant or cafe, particularly if you are ordering from a chain with which has more than one partner restaurant. The address will be clearly specified in your order confirmation.
- In buffet restaurants, please only fill up one side of the box! Otherwise you won’t be able to close it – and things could get a bit messy.
- If you need extras like a bag and some cutlery, please bring them along with you. We don’t provide you with plastic knives and forks so as not to encourage additional strain on our precious planet.
- Spread the love! If you enjoy using TGTG please don’t keep it a secret. We want to take the concept to as many places as possible, and we need your help to make it a success so we can save loads more food! So give us a like, share, follow, tweet, retweet and recommend us to your friends.
Too Good To Go FAQ
What is Too Good To Go?
We help save food which is too good to go. Huh? Yup, instead of restaurants just chucking their delicious food away, you can use our service to find the restaurants near you and be their hero of the day by picking up their surplus food in eco-friendly takeaway boxes at an extremely low price. And do you know what the best part is? Not only do you get to enjoy a great meal at a bargain price – you’re also helping the environment!
How do I order?
Download the Too Good To Go App and the home screen will show you the restaurants, cafes bakeries closest to you that have food available for collection. Choose the restaurant that takes your fancy, check out and receive your order confirmation. If you order from the App, your receipt will be saved automatically in the ‘My Purchases’ tab at the bottom, whilst ordering from desktop means you’ll get an email receipt. Head to the restaurant at the designated time and show your App confirmation or email receipt to get your takeaway box – easy!
Why is there a designated time period where I have to come?
Just before the restaurant closes, there will be surplus food which is usually carelessly thrown away unless a saviour comes to the rescue. Are you up for the job? The collection time for the food will usually be a 15-30 window just before the restaurant or cafe’s end of service. Check out when you can pick up the food in the restaurant description.
How much can I help the environment by buying a takeaway box?
One of our eco-friendly boxes filled with food can weigh as much as one kilogram, which equates to two kilograms of CO2 emissions. The great thing is that you’re actually helping the environment whilst eating a delicious meal! Great, isn’t it?
What do I do when I come to the restaurant?
Come at the specified time and show your receipt/email to the staff, and they will then hand you a take away box. Some restaurants will fill the box up for you, and at some restaurants you can fill your own takeaway box up. The restaurant description section of the app will let you know whether you’ll fill up the box yourself or if the staff will do it for you.
How do I find restaurants near me?
If you’ve downloaded the App, our GPS locator will instantly return the restaurants closest to you. Otherwise, when typing in your address, be specific as possible. The search results will be ordered in a distance of closest first.
I forgot my username. Or my password. Or both. What to do?
Make sure you’re sober and try again. Still not working? Click the “Forgot my password button” and we’ll send your information to your email straight away.
How do I cancel an order after I’ve placed it?
Contact us as soon as possible so we can make your food available for another food saviour.
What if I don’t receive an order confirmation email?
Make sure it hasn’t made its way to your junk email folder. Still not there? Just contact us and we’ll sort it out.
What does it cost to use Too Good To Go?
It’s absolutely free to use Too Good To Go, but you’ll have to pay for the food.
Can I save my payment information?
Yup, sure you can! You will be asked to make a password so you easy and safely can place new orders again without typing in your payment information.
Is my payment info secure?
Yes. We’ll never share any of your credit card information with anyone! That’s a little secret we’ve got between you and us.
How do I change my credit card information?
When you have logged into your account you can change, edit or remove your credit card information at any time.